Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 3 12 10:24 PM

Tags : :

I signed up a bit of time ago, and am just getting around to spending time here.

I moved here in March and am leasing a small sugar plantation cottage in Papa'aloa. After working 7 days a week any 8 - 12 hours I wanted, the lifestyle change has taken awhile to become comfortable. And that is one of the reasons I came, I think! Truth is, moving here just happened! Packed up the 2 cats, personal belongings and presto. 

Sustainable has always seemed unattainable to me. I guess I never made the time to make it happen.
I have a small garden, there is quite an assortment of fruit trees here. I spend my money as locally as I can, & am learning to eat with a whole food perspective (a lifetime of abuse). I'm looking forward to having chickens, for eggs, and caring for bees. The rabbits I've read about here today have a real attraction for me, too. I'm not a young woman, so getting things done, require moving at a slower pace than I would like. The cottage is on city water, and everything is on the grid.

As I become more in tune with the aina, I will look for someplace to live more permanently and have the desire to go in the Honokaa direction.

I am right where I am supposed to be and every morning when I wake, I am grateful for the opportunity to be here. I am looking forward to meeting you all and hope that with my limited experience there will still be some way for me to give back.

Aloha,
Peggy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help