Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 28 12 2:21 PM

Tags : :

We're headed over to the Breadfruit Festival in the morning (leave Keaau around 8:30 - 9ish) if anyone wants a ride. just shoot me an email daniel.wedeking@yahoo.com

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Sep 29 12 9:16 AM

Yup, Totally Local Fiber & Farm Festival at Ahualoa Alpaca Farm in Ahualoa.  Start at Tex Drive In above Honokaa.  Go uphill and across the highway.  Turn right onto Old Mamalahoa Highway and go about four miles until you come to Kahana road.  Turn left (the only way you can turn) onto Kahana.  Go about a mile and a half until you see the festival.  There will be signs, the festival is set up in the front pasture next to a big white container so it is easy to spot.  There will be over a dozen craft booths, some new baby alpaca, sheep, rabbits and all sorts of fibers and crafts.  Food, too!  See ya there!   Oh, yeah, it's on Saturday AND Sunday so if today is way to busy there is still tomorrow.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 1 12 1:00 PM

Fiber Festival was a great success. Alpaca babies were
cute as were the angora rabbits. We sold a fair amount of 
hand spun yarn and knitted items. 

I think this event was a good start to a small fiber industry
on the island. 

Did anyone attend the Breadfruit Festival in Kona ?
How did it go ?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Oct 1 12 5:18 PM

I think Buffychick's festival tent sold the most!  Probably because her items were colorful and useful as well.

The festival is supposed to be on track for next year as well.  Although it may be moved to the first week of October instead of the last week of September.  Will have to find out.  But, having stuff to sell there might be a good goal to start working on.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help