Remove this ad

Lead

May 6 12 6:55 PM

Tags : :

My favorite banana bread recipe is from the Hawaiian Vanilla Farm.
It uses 5 large bananas and comes out  so moist it is almost a pudding.

Hawaiian Vanilla Banana Bread recipe

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
5 large bananas
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Hawaiian Vanilla bean, split and scraped
2 tablespoons Hawaiian Vanilla extract

Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time
Add bananas, mushed up
Add dry ingredients
Add vanilla bean and extract
Butter 2 bread pans and divide mixture between both pans.
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

What is your favorite banana recipe ?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 6 12 8:23 PM

Personally I have come to enjoy them much more as starches than fruit, and find them generally superior to potatoes in the same usage. Once boiled, you can fry them up like hash browns, make curries, or even pot roast with them.

Boil them unpeeled, full sized but hard green. Used as such they can provide the lion's share of a small homestead's carbohydrate needs, for food, fuel, and feed. It's pretty impossible to have too many, as even if the grade isn't adequate for sale one can certainly find a use.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 9 12 12:41 PM

i like to pan fry green apple bananas in a bit of peanut oil and hit them with a touch of honey and maybe a dash of chili pepper

how's about some taro recipes? - i've been boiling the shit out of bun long and then hash browning them with onions and 2 or 3 kinds of sweet potato in bacon grease and putting a sunny fried egg on top - i'd like to do something fancier...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

May 9 12 8:56 PM

I'm a big fan of the uncomplicated 1-pot meals. I take a mug of dried lentils, add twice their volume in water. Top with veggies- kale, onion, chayote. Layer green banana slices on top to steam with lid on. Good with curry paste, oyster sauce, curry powder with tomato paste or whatever. A bit of meat maybe. When the lentils are done, the bananas are too.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help