Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 18 10 5:03 PM

Tags : :

What dishes do you make with your sun chokes?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Oct 18 10 5:53 PM

I cut them up raw into my salads, or I scramble them like potatoes into eggs, or... actually I use them in any application I'd used cooked potatoes. Cooked potatoes or raw waterchestnuts. Those are the two things they cover.

I love them cos even if I plant them someplace wiggedy in my yard and the plants falter, the root always seems to be a worthwhile size anyway and they condition the soil beautifully. 

How are yours doing?

Puna rain makes me feel rich! soursopstudio.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 18 10 6:03 PM

about 12 ft tall and in full bloom - do they seed?  - we were digging up sweet potatoes (yams - we have like 200 lbs) and found some sun chokes about 3 ft from the plants - won't be digging them up till the flowers give me some seeds i guess

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Oct 19 10 10:46 AM

Hi Ryan, I doubt sunchokes would go up here, yet, but anything is possible. We'll see what the winter and next summer brings. It's likely to be equally hot and dry. I'd guess instinctively we may have a pretty good rainy season break in, but short lived-- still may be enough to drown them. But I'm growing tree tomatoes just fine and they're supposed to drown too. . .no trouble there.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help