Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 1 09 11:16 AM

Tags : :

So now it's December who is signed up for the December Pirate Party? I guess who was going to take on January? It would be nice to plan a month so in advance. We need a lot more Ideas on how to do this ahead of the last minute, or not at all. I have enjoyed all the ones I have been to, and learned a lot plus made a friend or two along the way. Jay are you going to be the point person that keeps track of who &when? AKA Pirate party boy?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Dec 1 09 12:57 PM

Dear Pirate Party Boy,

We always do a potluck in December. Pirates are welcome, especially this year. We'll work on a date--mid December perhaps?

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions - Confucius

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 1 09 3:41 PM

Are we allowed to celebrate the solstice before the 15th? And how does one celebrate a solstice anyway? devil

How about we pick a day that Tim doesn't have pottery class?

Will follow up after consulting with the Kurumster on available dates...

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Dec 2 09 10:48 AM

Can we do the fertility rites in the privacy of our own homes? Not knowing exactly what the ritual entails, I'd just make something up and tell Kurumi it's how we celebrate the solstice here in Hawaii. Just don't tell on me, okay? ;-)

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Dec 2 09 12:00 PM

Haha omg Kurumi! Tim you're awesome!
Hahahahahaha....

Going mainland for a minute after the 15th so we'd miss it most likely. Tim ceramics classes are on Wednesdays, but that's changing soon too. It's awlll good I'll be there if I'm supposed to, and if I'm not someone frikken post picts yeah? I do it for you guys!
;P

Puna rain makes me feel rich! soursopstudio.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Dec 4 09 11:27 AM

The verdict is in: We're ready, willing and able to host the "solstice potluck celebration" as early as 12/13 (a week from Sunday)--this would allow us all to enjoy the company of Ivy and Tim right before they embark on their mainland adventure.

If it's too short notice, we could do it later in the month instead--after Ivy and Tim get back (whenever that is?)

Also thought it would be a great opportunity for Darren and Courtney to show off their little sweet potato! :-)

Does 12/13 (Sunday) sound good to everyone? (Jay, can you bring the sound equipment?)

Whatever date we go with, bring your guitars, ukuleles and whatever other instruments you can play. It's an open potluck so bring your friends too.

Let me know.

(Also wanted to mention that no virgins will be harmed in the making of this solstice party.)

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 4 09 2:22 PM

Thanks Tim! Tim says yes please! And omg Sandi is going to be so stoked to go to a party rather than host. Rupp {blondie} decided to stay ;) so we'll bring him if he's not out camping. 

I will be there with my bottle of Sake. 

Sad to hear about the virgins but I guess that's ok. 

Puna rain makes me feel rich! soursopstudio.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Dec 4 09 5:52 PM

Sounds great to us.
Virgins should be welcome, but need to have a sign stating the fact, or risk a change.

Ivy at one time you were in for January is that still the case or is that to close to your return?
Who is up for January??
I am hoping it could be the end end of 16th or 23th, Sam will be here and he had a great time last time.

Bill

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Dec 7 09 6:14 PM

Forgot to follow up on this...

Should be a fun get-together! Thanks Jay for supplying the equipment (and music).

Buffychick we'll miss you! It's a helluva drive from your corner of paradise to ours anyway, especially that return trip after sunset. Hope you have fun on your trip.

NOTICE TO ALL: We're going to start the potluck around 2:30-3:00, but you're free to show up whenever. We have a party area set up in our carport and a couple extra tents if we need them, so rain's not a problem.

Beverages: we'll have some beer and wine, but feel free to bring your own drink of choice.

Email me through the forum for directions. (We're mauka of Ivy and Tim--not too far from "Da Store"--in Hawaiian Shores.)

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Dec 9 09 5:05 PM

Solstice Potluck Party Update

Based on requests for directions and other responses, looks like we'll have a nice turnout this Sunday!

Party begins: anytime after 2:30

Ending time: ?

Bring with you:

1) Family and friends

2) dish/dessert/salad--or whatever strikes your fancy

3) Any special beverages you like

4) Some chairs just in case we run out (we've got 16--not enough to seat everyone)

5) Any instrument you want to play

Email me through the forum if you have any questions or need directions.

We look forward to seeing everyone Sunday!

Tim

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help