Remove this ad

#21 [url]

May 16 09 10:50 PM

Ok, attempting to restore some hormone balance in the vibe section!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

May 16 09 11:11 PM

didn't mean to shirk my wicked rocknroll duty...i'm too busy lately to study on posting video here, can post url but that's not the good form i wanted to do.

everything grows if you let it

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

May 17 09 11:09 PM

Tis' Ok, I could do this for months. Here's another, and really worth a listen, actually, not some BS like the last one. It's the No Quarter by Led Zepplin cover by TOOL, and it's a hell of a good cover of a hell of a good tune and a hell of a good vid for the tune. That riff at 1.25 is probably the reason I play Gibson guitars, and you can just hum that for a half hour and cry your eyes out. It's such a beautiful piece--there's little to compare it to.

Anyway, enjoy. The vibe applies here . . .

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

May 18 09 1:02 AM

how about prince's cover of "whole lotta love" ?

heh...i worked on maynard's (of tool) drystacked terracing walls in his arizona vineyard.

fran the wonder goat was happy, and you'd never guess who the project supervisor was...
david soul!  signed my checks!

everything grows if you let it

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

May 18 09 9:46 AM

I'm back! Did ya miss me? Didn't even notice I was gone, eh?

Until the piggie-plague incubation period is over (7 days I'm told) I'll be feeling a bit lonely, kind of like Piglet above (see cartoon in my previous post).

Just for fun I tried clearing my throat and coughing at the various airports I traveled through whenever folks started crowding me...and it worked like a charm--everyone gave me stink-eye and quickly moved out of my way! Seriously, I've never seen so many guys washing their hands in the bathroom. Don't mean to give away any secrets to the ladies, but many men believe that hand-washing is unnecessary as long as you don't piss on your hands; looks like that rule is quickly becoming obsolete: there were lines in front of the sinks in all the men's airport bathrooms!
On another note...for good vibes, definitely check out Darren's recordings.grin

And I agree with Darren that acoustic guitars are analogous to sailing without a motor. (Dobros are particularly loud and sustainable.) When the electricity is shut off, you'll have to really crank up your amp to drown out the generator you're plugged into. Some folks are in denial about global warming...Jay, I think you're in denial about the sustainability of your electric guitar...But I might be wrong!

Busted hands? Did I miss something, Jay? Did ya put 'em somewhere they didn't belong? LOL

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions - Confucius

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

May 27 09 11:45 PM

Maybe more than a little bit Roxy Music?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

May 28 09 12:18 AM

Roxy music? Hmm capt'n what? monkey

Cathy and June! So great to hang out with you guys today, I had a blast!
Even though I didn't fall into the gulch, even though there was choke blood, even though we didn't get to share Jays sausage with you June....but maybe next time. 

Namely next week!

Erin, hahahahahaha ha... oww my stomach hurts..

Puna rain makes me feel rich! soursopstudio.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

May 28 09 12:43 AM

Hanging out is fun, we don't do enough of it these days but soon school will be out then we will have more time to play.

He only needed five stitches on his finger, he will get better soon.  He gets the stitches out the last day of school, so it's great timing.  And we met an interesting ER doc at Honokaa.  We could have given him some of the chickens!  I'll have to see if he wants any of the next batch.

June isn't keen on sausage, she just nibbles on meat.  We could always feed her some of Jay's taters which would be much more a traditional Jay thing, don'tcha think?  Although if one is a Potato Prophet, a side line of sausage is a good thing.  Especially at breakfast time.

All that and no loquat yet!

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jun 4 09 12:17 AM

these are the quotes i try and remember :

What worries you masters you.

Good Judgment comes from experience; and experience comes from Bad Judgment

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.

Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.

To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.

Regimen is superior to medicine.

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.

The greater your doubt the more heroic your faith.

My life is the story of a man who always wants to carry too much. My spiritual quest is the painful process of learning to let go of things not essential.

Solitude is dangerous to reason, without being favourable to virtue. … Remember that the solitary mortal is certainly luxurious, probably superstitious, and possibly mad.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help