Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Apr 29 09 6:33 PM

Thanks for explaining that Kiashu. This is an ongoing learning experience for this city boy.

Never heard from Jay how the "stretched" peppers tasted. The ones I ate weren't as juicy and flavorful as I had hoped, but they didn't taste bad. Jay thinks perhaps it was the dirt I grew them in? Maybe Miracle Grow next time? Actually, I've got some very rich composted dirt in my yard with lots of worms and fungi...

I've got lots more seeds so I can keep experimenting. Any advice or pointers are welcome.

Fyi, we have our tomatoes and peppers on casters, and have been rolling them in and out of the carport as weather dictates. So far it's worked well. It's the stuff we grow out in the elements that's taking a beating (especially from the cardinals)...

Now we know to be careful about how much water we give our next crop of green peppers. Mahalo for the tip!

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions - Confucius

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#45 [url]

May 24 09 11:48 AM

Got my mini-greenhouse built but still tweaking the details. The most time-consuming part of the project was waiting for the paint to dry (it rained a lot early last week.) Damn da birds, damn da snails, damn da dogs (can't damn da rain, but gotta restrict it), we're growing lettuce! Just add dirt...

Up next, a mini-greenhouse for tomatoes, hopefully with scrap materials. Just gotta keep the birds and the rain out.

Jay's keiki potatoes are going gangbusters.

Click here to view the attachment

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions - Confucius

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

May 24 09 2:28 PM

Looks dope dude, I have a killer mescaline blend if you want some, its going gangbusters here, so delicious. 

Also Bill has a good u of h lettuce seed he was sharing. I think, right Bill? Or am I tripping...its kind of early in the day but its possible...;P

Puna rain makes me feel rich! soursopstudio.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

May 25 09 8:46 AM

Yes I have a lot of seeds just in case the ship hits the sand. I share.
They are free. small packs but you can take what you can use. I use them all.

Beets   Ruby Queen

Carrots 126

Carrots F1 Pelleted

Kohlrabi Eary White

Lettuce  Oakleaf

Lettuce Romaine

Soybean Besweet 292

Spinach Bloomsdale long standing

Squash Butternut

Turnip Purple top White globe
Bill

Bill

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

May 25 09 5:22 PM

They are growing very good, no fruit yet. I would like to find out how you got the moringa seeds from. The seeds that where started on paper are going great but the others are no shows. When we get back in 10 days they may or may not be up.
Bill

Bill

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

May 25 09 11:54 PM

Jay, ohh my freaking goodness, those are some healthy ass plants! Omg. I can tell from the pict how nuts it is. Wow. 
Are those different from the ones you brought? I don't see any purple...

Mike, When I go to Kona I'll grab you choke seeds. Promise. 

Puna rain makes me feel rich! soursopstudio.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help