Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 23 09 10:28 AM

Tags : :

Post them here if they're just fun and of little context to the above topics. Enjoy!

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Apr 15 09 4:28 PM

WTf? Why is it like that? Such a shame, beneath all the blue that looks like prime beach combing material. Fucking humans. ...snip...

-hedrahelix

It is perfectly situated to receive the deposits from the big circular currents of the pacific ocean (gyres)  Check out the Wiki- fascinating stuff

Where's that water coming from?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 15 09 6:44 PM

Ahh, I thought it must be something like that. I haven't seen anywhere else that's as littered as that on the island. {Beach wise} 
We'll at least there shouldn't be any fresh hypo needles. That's a plus. 

Just Wiki-ed and I stick to it : Fucking humans. 

::

Jay what are those?

Puna rain makes me feel rich! soursopstudio.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#17 [url]

Apr 16 09 6:21 AM

The criminals feel that it's not enough to just plant the trees, they have to be ones likely to survive the future, considering local climate and possible government employee interference. 

The criminal was seen with his accomplice planting eucalypts and paperbarks, and an olive tree. Fruit trees were not favoured at the time because those require a temperate climate with decent rainfall, and at the time it was fucking hot (110F) and had not rained for eight weeks, so it was felt that oranges, peaches, apples and the like would be unlikely to survive. Natives and trees bred to hot dry climates seemed to have a better chance of establishing themselves. 

Also, because council and state policy is rather enamoured of concreting everything, if any plants are found some place they're not meant to be - like where criminals planted them - they may get tipped over by interfering government employees. State and council policy is at the same time overprotective of native species, so if they're native they've a better chance of not being pulled up. Whereas most fruit trees, they'll be able to use, "oh but what if an apple fell on a member of the public's head?! What if someone ate the fruit and got a squirty bottom?! Oh noes!" as an excuse to tip it over. 

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 16 09 10:22 AM

Ohhh, natives.;) yay! Well that definitely gets the super dope status too. 

You go you criminal. 

"oh but what if an apple fell on a member of the public's head?! What if someone ate the fruit and got a squirty bottom?! Oh noes!"  

Hahahahaha

Puna rain makes me feel rich! soursopstudio.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 16 09 11:21 AM

LOL

Kiashu, I really hope we get the chance to meet  someday :-)

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions - Confucius

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help